All FOLX Health virtual visits take place via Zoom. Zoom is an app that allows for secure video conferencing, which we need for secure telehealth visits. You can learn more about Zoom here.
If you’re new to Zoom, or just need a refresher, read on! In order to make the most of your time with your clinician, it is important you arrive on time and with Zoom and your audio and video working. You’ll need a stable cell signal or internet connection during the visit.
- You will get a Zoom link in the FOLX appointment confirmation email. It will say the time and date of your appointment and have your appointment link.
- Make sure Zoom is downloaded on your computer or phone ahead of time. It’s free to sign up, download and install Zoom.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, we recommend trying it ahead of time (a day or more before your appointment, if possible) so you know how to use it and that it works before your appointment. You can ask a friend to Zoom with you, or just start a meeting yourself to test it. You will want to test both that you can see yourself (the video camera is working) and that your audio is working.
- When it’s time for your visit, you will click the link in your email to join. You’ll need a stable cell signal or internet connection during the visit to ensure strong connectivity so your clinician can hear you, and you them.
- Make sure to join your actual visit at least 10 minutes ahead of time so you are ready for your appointment and can fix any last-minute troubleshooting issues before the video visit begins.
- If you need help troubleshooting Zoom visit Zoom’s FAQ page. Our clinicians will not likely be able to help you troubleshoot live (especially if they can’t hear you because your audio isn’t working!), and we do not have on-call tech support who can help during your appointment.
- Have a visit with your clinician!
Most of our members find using Zoom for visits easy and seamless once it is set up! If you are having trouble, remember to go to the Zoom support pages to troubleshoot. If you still can’t get Zoom to work after working with their resources, you may want to consider postponing or canceling your appointment.
Remember that all cancellations must be done 24 hours before your scheduled visit to get a refund. If you cancel more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you will be refunded within 5-10 business days. If you miss your appointment, you will not receive a refund.
One other important note: You must physically be in the state where you booked your telehealth appointment at the time of your telehealth visit. If you are not in the state your appointment was booked for at the time of your visit, we may have to charge you for your visit without being able to provide services.