On August 1st, we made a change from subscription package pricing to a membership fee with separate payments for just the care you use.
This means, instead of paying one large monthly fee that includes all of your costs, you’ll pay a smaller FOLX membership fee each month and then pay for the care you need, when you need it (visits, labs, and meds).
We are taking this new approach so that we can accept insurance (!!), expand our services, lower costs for members and make care more accessible.
We know it is a shift to not have the same monthly payment each month, but members will save money over the course of the year!
What This Means For You
- 📅 New low cost FOLX membership fee - Get access to the FOLX platform, easy appointment scheduling, support groups and events, letters for surgery and gender marker or name changes, care navigation and referrals, discounts from partners (labs, fertility, etc.), community forums, and messaging with your Care Team, whenever you need it.
- 🧾 Pay for other services at the time you receive them - In our previous subscription packages, we were estimating the amount of visits with your clinician and labs you’d need in a year to give you one flat monthly fee. Our new pricing means you’ll just pay for the visits, labs, and meds you need, when you need them, with members saving money over the course of a year of care. [More on the savings below!]
- 🛡️ On August 1, we began taking select insurance - You’ve been asking, and we’re so glad to now provide! If FOLX takes your insurance, you will be able to pay your regular copays for your visits. You can view the current list of accepted insurance plans here.
- 🩺 Book primary care and mental health services - It is now even easier to get FOLX to support your health with any care needs you might have, from having an appointment with your clinician, getting labs ordered, or getting your prescriptions written. Yes, your clinician can now be your Primary Care Provider!
- 🧪 Medication and labs - If you have insurance, then you may be able to use your insurance for prescriptions or labs. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll pay our discounted cash pay rates, which just got more affordable.
How It Works
To help you understand what to expect, we’ve put together an estimate. Here is an example of what someone receiving gender-affirming hormone therapy at FOLX will pay. These prices may vary based on services you receive.
Oral Estradiol sent from the FOLX pharmacy
Estradiol Patches sent from the FOLX pharmacy
Estradiol Valerate sent from the FOLX pharmacy
Estrogen sent to an outside pharmacy
Testosterone Cypionate sent from the FOLX pharmacy
Testosterone Gel sent from the FOLX pharmacy
Testosterone sent to an outside pharmacy
FOLX has changed the way members pay for care, expanded access to services and made costs more affordable for most members. With insurance, you’ll only need to pay a low membership fee and your regular copays.
If you don’t have insurance, you’ll pay clear cash pay rates to make it more affordable. You'll pay for services only when you receive them, and you'll have the ability to book primary care and mental health services easily.
As always, our member navigation team is here to help with any questions or concerns you may have. You can reach out to us by submitting a request and our member navigation team will be happy to help you.