Prior prescription documentation required information:
In Florida, people taking Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy (GAHT) are required to have an in-person visit with an MD/DO to review and sign an informed consent form.
If you started HRT for gender-affirming care prior to 5/17/23 you will need an in person visit by the end of 2023 (12/30/23). If you can provide documentation of your previous prescription, we will be able to write you a prescription after your telehealth visit.
To show you were prescribed GAHT before 5/17/23, you can use any official documents (or combination of official documents) that contain all the bulleted items below. Each document must have your name written on it and must be clearly attributed to you. We can accept a medication label, visit summary, copy of your chart, summary of your medications from your pharmacy, or letter with all info from your previous prescriber (on official letterhead).
Each document must clearly list your name and all bullet points below are required.
- Your legal name
- Medication name + dose
- Date of prescription (prior to 5/17/23)
- Prescriber name
- Diagnosis associated with your GAHT prescription (anything the previous GAHT prescriber was using is acceptable, see some example below, does not need to include the number code, just the wording of diagnosis, for example)
- Endocrine Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
Note: a psychosocial evaluation is no longer required by the Florida Board of Medicine, so we have removed that information and requirement for your care.
Sending your documentation to FOLX:
You can upload documentation to the Athena patient portal by following the steps below:
- Take a picture of all your documentation if it’s in physical form.
- Login to the Athena patient portal (Patient Portal).
- From the Home page, fill out the Have a question for your provider? form.
- Select your provider
- Select Other from the Choose a subject dropdown
- Enter a message that you’re attaching your psych/social evaluation or previous Rx (or both).
- Click Attach files, select your documents, and click Open to attach them.
- Click Send a message.
Please note, members who have not had an appointment with their clinician will not have the messaging and attachment functionality until they do. If you do not have this functionality available to you or run into any issues, you can open a request in the Help Center and attach your documentation there. Our member navigation team will be happy to assist.