Quest Diagnostics Lab In-State
If you are using the Quest lab in the state where you live, then you do not need to print your lab orders. Quest can locate your lab orders on the spot by showing your ID. If you would like a copy of your Quest lab orders to bring to your appointment, please contact Member Operations through the FOLX Help Center.
Quest Diagnostics Labs Across State Lines
*If you are a resident of NY, NJ, or RI, your labs need to be done in your state, and cannot be done in another state. All others may cross state lines.
Non-Quest Labs Options for Getting your Blood Work Done
We understand that while Quest Diagnostics has patient service centers (PSCs) located near most of our members, this is not always the case. Whether you are choosing to go to a non-Quest lab due to logistical challenges or because you have a different lab provider that you are more comfortable with, here are some steps that you can take to make the process as simple as possible.
First, just as a reminder, bloodwork done at non-Quest labs is not included in the cost of your FOLX membership. This means that you will be responsible for the out-of-pocket cost or, if applicable, contacting your insurance company to determine if they offer any coverage for the lab work.
If you have a preferred non-Quest lab in mind, please reach out to notify our clinical team at least one week prior to going in for your bloodwork. They will make sure that your lab orders are sent to the correct place. Please send your clinician the following info via the patient portal in Athena:
- The name of the lab
- The address of the lab and
- The fax number for the lab
If we are not notified that you will be going to a non-Quest lab, your orders will automatically be sent to a Quest PSC in your state. If you ever choose to switch lab locations, please be sure to pass along the contact information (lab name, address, and fax number) for your new lab so that the necessary updates can be made on our end.
If you would like help with identifying a non-Quest lab facility near you that can perform your blood work, please submit a support ticket so that our Member Operations team can aid you in that search!
When it comes time to go in for your blood work, we strongly recommend bringing your lab orders along with you. The lab should have these already but bringing a copy with you will simplify the process and prevent any potential confusion. In order to access your lab orders, please follow the steps below:
- Log into the patient portal in Athena
- After you login to your portal, on the left side tabs click "My Health"
- The very last heading on the My Health tab is "Health Reminders" - click that
- That will allow you to see any pending lab orders
- If you click on each one, there will be a small "print" button right under the Quest location and phone number
- If you click that print button, it brings up a new screen with the lab slip, including a barcode that the lab can scan
- Click on the next order(s) and the print button to pull up that lab slip. Each lab will have a separate one, so will need to be pulled up separately
It is very important that you bring a copy of each lab order that is pending in the portal. If you don’t bring all of them, this may lead to us receiving an incomplete set of results and a possible repeat trip to the lab to complete the outstanding test(s).